- The Rufford Primary and Nursery School are located in the Bulwell region of the Nottingham, and are experts in benefit and financial advice. This website will provide all kinds of benefit information and suggestions for parents of young children who may require financial assistance.
- The Ealing 135 Group devotes its attention to children’s activities and requirements in the busy west London borough. Their website lists all kinds of services and events that will delight both parents and young ones.
- The BBC offers all kinds of information and links to parents that provide guidance on keeping children safe and happy.
- The What? Centre is an information resource for young people across the UK. Their website, however, also provides links to a number of bodies that will help out any parents in need.
- The Henry Chichele Primary School is based in Northampton, but some of the services they offer are truly universal. The services sourced on the school’s website will assist any parents looking to enhance their children’s education from home.
- Northgate School is an Edgware-based educational institute for young people with mental health difficulties. Northgate also work closely with a number of similar bodies to offer assistance to young people and their parents.
- MedHelp is an American-based website that specialises in answering questions about physical and mental health concerns. MedHelp provides advice and assistance for anybody in any form of crisis all over the world, be that physical, mental or emotional.
- The Greater Manchester Mental Health Trust is an NHS service that directs anybody requiring assistance with their mental health to a variety of different sources.
- The Surrey and Borders Partnership takes mental health very seriously, and thus links visitors to their site to a number of other resources of assistance.
- The Mental Health Charity MIND provides insight into how you can go about making a benefit claim if unable to work due to mental health concerns.
Physical Health and Disability
- My Surgery Website collates sources for all finds of medical issues, including mental and physical health, pointing any visitor in the direction of an expert that will be able assist with their health concern.
- Patient.info is an online symptom checker that may give you an idea as to what your physical condition is trying to tell you as you wait for an appointment with a medical professional.
- Disability Lambeth provide support and advice on disability benefits in the UK. Check the site for all kinds of insights into their advocacy work.
- Disability Rights UK is the UK’s leading charity that works with anybody living with a chronic condition, and they provide all kinds of sources of information on their website.
- Disability First is a nationwide charity that works tirelessly to assist anybody living with a disability and end the stigma associated with such a status.
Social Awareness and Benefit Advice
- Alabare is a Christian charity that specialises in offering help, advice and support to anybody marginalised by society and requiring benefit help and advice. They provide sources of help in locations all over the UK to combat poverty, mental and physical health concerns.
- The Bath and North East Somerset Council are UK benefit experts with no shortage of tips early support for families struggling financially.
- The Cumbria Council have collated a number of UK benefit and welfare links that will provide assistance to anybody seeking help.
- The Centre for Housing and Support provide advice to those who may require assistance with social housing, and outsource a great many links to similar and related services.
- The Debt Advice Foundation is a registered charity that helps anybody living with debt concerns, and links out to a number of bodies able to offer similar assistance.
- Entitled To is a simple online benefits calculator that will ensure that you are receiving all the assistance that you are entitled to be claiming.
- Community Links is an East London-based charity that works with anybody experiencing trouble with social housing or debt. Their site lists a number of other services that may assist anybody looking for
Electricity and Engineering
- James Fulton and Son are Sheffield-based electrical experts that can assist with any home improvements of renovations. Whether you require assistance at home or at a business premises, be sure to investigate these suppliers.
- The Engineering Industries Association has spent multiple decades supporting and improving the UK’s trade industries. You’ll find all kinds of information surrounding the engineering industry on their website that will aid on your quest for home improvements and adaptations..
- Eaton UK is a British power management company that connects visitors to their site with a variety of electrical specialist bodies all over the nation.
- Electrical Safety First is a national body that specialises in health and safety surrounding the power industry. Any visitor to the site will discover a number of training resources.
- Lifehacks is a website that offers all kinds of basic advice on how to complete home improvements in your day-to-day life. This guide to maximising the space in your garden will revolutionise your summer by suggesting ways of adapting your home’s outside space.
- Let’s Go Gardening provides a literal A-Z of resources that will help you make the most of your garden.
- SPC Trees and Landscapes, based in East Anglia, are experts in tree surgery and landscape gardening. They can advise on all kinds of similar services all over the country.
- Plant Advice do not only offer tips on keeping your own garden looking scenic. Check the site for guidance on charities, outdoor spaces to visit and plant societies.
Flexible and Self-Employment
- JALA International compiles a number of potential opportunities for anybody seeking flexible employment within any niche that will allow them to work from home. More a mere employment site, this is link will open up any number of leads for people seeking a new career challenge unrestrained by commuting and shift patterns.
- The Information Hub answers all the questions you may have about becoming self-employed, and several that you had not even thought of yet.
- Financial charity Turn2Us gives insight into the benefits and tax breaks that you may be entitled to as a self-employed person in the UK.
- United Way is a social awareness body based in the Californian region of Monterey County that offers all kinds of benefit advice to veterans. US veterans will benefit hugely from their guide to the assistance available.
- History of War is an educational website that fills readers in on military events of the yesteryear, and well as benefits and help for veterans. The site also lists other sources of assistance for UK combat veterans.
- The Wounded Heroes Foundation work with combat veterans that have been injured in the line of duty, and provide links to a number of similar services.
- The UK Veterans Association fight for the rights of formerly military personnel, and team with a number of other organisations as they do so.
US University Scholarships
- The University of Maryland is offering a scholarship worth $1,250 to students interested in the ecologically sound housing adaptations. The application is open for any student that submits an essay of 750 – 1,500 words on this subject.
- The California State University, based in Long Beach are interested in teaching about home improvements, and have offered a $1,250 scholarship to one student in 2018. To apply, complete a 750 – 1,500 word essay on the future of eco-friendly sustainable housing.
- Carthage College, of Kenosha, Wisconsin, has a number of scholarship programmes available, including ones that speclaise in home improvements and adaptations. Among these is a $1,250 grant on the subject of sustainable eco-friendly housing.